Take a minute to watch this instructional video from 1954 on how to dial a rotary telephone
Now take a minute to think about how new these concepts must have seemed to people in 1954. Now take another minute to think about how much the widespread practice of using telephones in this way participated in changing
- How sales and marketing are done
- How customers connect with companies
- How customers connect with each other
- How geographically spread out organizations would become
- The speed at which information spread across those organizations and beyond
Now take one last minute to think about how the widespread practice of using internet-connected digital technologies in the many ways that people are today are starting to change these things too, and how different many of them might be in 1,5,10, 50 years.
What do you think is on the way?